Main Purpose of Role:
To support the Practice Manager/Clinical Directors in the management of the practice and the development of the business, promoting improvements and being an active member of the Management Team.
To manage, lead and develop the members of the Reception team to ensure excellent team work delivering a continuous high standard of customer care.
Manage, lead and develop all support functions to ensure a continuous high level of customer care.
This role reports to Natalie Patten
• To ensure that all support functions within the practice run effectively at all times through clear communication, leadership and management
• To set an example of professional conduct at all times.
• To support projects with the aim of driving the business forward.
• To be receptive to new ideas and encourage Reception team involvement.
• To ensure that Reception runs effectively & efficiently and all times through communication, leadership and management.
• To ensure adequate reception cover at all times and that shifts are allocated in line with the needs of the business.
• To ensure that all Receptionists/non-clinical staff are involved in appropriate training, talks, presentations and meetings that are designed to enhance their knowledge, improve their selling and customer service skills.
• To ensure adequate reception specific training is provided to enable the Receptionists to be the best they can be.
• To ensure that cash security and data protection measures are observed at all times in all areas.
• Manage staff annual appraisals and provide regular feedback on performance.
• Manage Employee Relations with HR support and in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
• To ensure that all Group Policies and Procedures, both financial and non-financial, are implemented and respected
• Carry out any additional duties requested by the senior management team.
• Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, it is the duty of every employee to take reasonable care of themselves and others at work. This also includes taking care of equipment and reporting immediately any items not working.
• Maintain stationary supplies.
• Office and consumables stock control.
• Training all staff on the use of the ICT equipment and systems.
• General knowledge and understanding of all Microsoft packages and other systems used within the Group.
• Cashing up daily and investigate discrepancies.
• Responsible for motivating and organising non-clinical staff
• Recruiting according to Group Policy and procedures.
• Preparation and maintenance of Job Descriptions.
• Carry out new starter inductions and site training sessions.
• Respond to all job enquiries in a timely and polite manner.
• Authorise and log all holiday requests.
• Maintain and update any HR Systems used.
• Control and log OT/TOIL per month with aim to reduce by identifying potential operational changes.
• Log all absence and prepare RTW documents, manage Bradford Factor Absence process.
• Manage the Maternity/Paternity/KIT day processes with HR support.
• Ensure staff costs stay within annual budget by following recruitment channels and justification forms.
• Control CPD in accordance with the Group CPD and Training Policy and Procedure.
• Filing and secure storage of all personnel records for the legal required time.
• Undertake appraisals for Reception.
• Record minutes/actions of meetings and distribute accordingly.
• Implement all Group Policies and Procedures, ensuring clear communication of any specific points that staff need to be made aware of.
• Recruit new staff with HR support
• Meeting and greeting clients/pets
• Booking appointments
• Answering and forwarding phone calls - record, pass on and personally follow up enquires promptly and efficiently
• Taking payments & Cashing up
• Collecting claim forms
• Dealing with Emergencies calls and paperwork in line with the emergency process.
• Management experience (veterinary / reception management advantageous but not essential).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Able to handle pressure & prioritise workload.
• Able to deal with difficult situations.
• Able to work well in a team and able to work on own initiative.
• Able to be flexible and adapt to changes within the growing practice.
Work Pattern: Monday and Tuesday (7:30am – 4:30pm), Wednesday (9:30am – 6:30pm), Thursday (OFF), Friday (9:30am – 6:30pm) and a 1:4 Saturday (8am – 5pm).
Part-time, Permanent hours: 34 per week
Salary: £12.50 per hour (£22,176.50)
If you are interested in this position, please email a covering letter and CV for the attention of Natalie Patten.
Application deadline: 11/06/2021