Due to continued expansion and growth, Southern Counties Veterinary Specialists are looking for a Dispensary Nurse to join their fantastic team. The position is full-time and with a competitive salary, depending on experience.
To be successful, you will be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills and be able to implement appropriate and effective solutions.
The main duties of the role include:
- Responsible for providing and overseeing the dispensing of medication to patients referred to SCVS.
- Oversee the safe handling, storage/security and administration of drugs within SCVS.
- Responsible for stock control and management system maintenance, to include bi-annual stock checks as per IVC requirements.
- Maintain adequate and cost effective stock of pharmaceutical products with the hospital.
- Represent SCVS in meetings with drug company representatives & VMD visits.
- Ensure regular checks and maintenance of equipment and ensure its safe use, acting on any faults reported immediately.
- Assist with the teaching of members of staff when required, including tutorials and demonstration of tasks.
- Supervise/instruct nurses, SVNs and VCAs in all aspects of their role in the dispensary department. Ensure they are trained in veterinary nursing techniques in accordance with their ability and practice requirement.
Southern Counties Veterinary Specialists is a multidisciplinary referral centre, currently undergoing extensive expansion and improvement of its facilities. The practice is in the South of England, close to the New Forest National Park and South Coast, offering easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities. Bournemouth beach has just been voted number one beach in the UK by Tripadvisor and is a 20-minute drive from the practice. The area offers good access to regional and international airports and has excellent road and rail links to London.
- RCVS Veterinary Nursing Qualification.
- Diploma in Advanced Nursing and/or Higher Degree.
- Certificates in further nursing.
- SQP-C qualification.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH1234 when applying for this role.