We are looking for a Wards Registered Veterinary Nurse to join us at Southern Counties Vet Specialists in Ringwood, Hampshire. This is a rewarding role within the ward department providing care and treatment plans to hospitalised patients. You will be working alongside multiple departments, which allows a varied and rewarding nursing role, in a purpose designed ward department with continued development and funding. As a department, we are striving for the best for our patients, and in the development of our nursing team.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Working alongside clinicians, nurses, physio and VCAs to provide nursing plans and care
- Involvement in diverse cases from routine surgery to intensive care cases
- Involvement in aiding in research and development within the veterinary sector in multiple disciplines, as well as supported self-clinical progression
The position is full time, working 3 x 7am-7:30pm set shifts per week and 1:5 weekends Saturday and Sunday 7am-7:30pm. There is no on call, night shifts or sole charge requirements. Salary range £23,800 - £28,800 depending on additional qualifications and experience.
Southern Counties Veterinary Specialists is a multidisciplinary referral centre currently undergoing extensive expansion and improvement of the facilities. The practice is located in the South of England close to the New Forest National Park and South Coast offering easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities. Bournemouth beach has just been voted number one beach in the UK by Tripadvisor and is a 20-minute drive from the practice. The area offers good access to regional and international airports and has excellent road and rail links to London.
Our wards team is a nurse lead department consisting of dedicated wards nurses, rotating nurses, student veterinary nurses and veterinary care assistants who provide 24 hour care to our hospitalised patients and work alongside all other departments within the hospital.
Minimum requirements are for a Qualified Veterinary Nurse with current RCVS registration, as full training in a referral setting will be provided. Applicants who possess experience in similar settings and/or with further qualifications are also welcome, with salaries to reflect.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £550 CPD allowance per annum
• RCVS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please email a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org