We have a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated veterinary professional looking to advance in the field of neurology and eager to contribute to a collaborative team!
You'll become a part of a team comprised of three ECVN neurology specialists, three ECVN residents, and one neurology intern. In your role as a Neurology Referral Clinician, you'll offer expert consultations and advanced care for a variety of cases. Collaborating with a multidisciplinary team, you'll contribute to delivering comprehensive and integrated patient care. Additionally, we host weekly Neurology journal clubs within the department and with IVC Evidensia, along with weekly seminars.
Our hospital facility recently underwent a £7 million expansion and refurbishment, featuring a new consultation building, a theater building, and upgraded staff facilities, all unveiled in autumn 2022. Imaging capabilities boast a 64-slice Siemens Somatom Perspective Cardiac-Gated CT scanner and a 1.5T Hallmarq PetVet MRI. Ongoing expansion includes the upcoming replacement of the Hallmarq PetVet with a 1.5T High field Siemens Altea MRI in mid/late 2024. To enhance our imaging capabilities, we have incorporated a SonoCure ultrasonic aspirator, a Lifeline R40 EEG system, and a Nicolet Viking Quest EMG system.
Situated in the New Forest National Park, Southern Counties Veterinary Specialists offers proximity to the stunning south coast, easy access to London, and close connections to regional and international airports.
A Working Pattern That Provides a Work-Life Balance
We are flexible in providing opportunities for both part-time and full-time positions. Part-time roles involve working 2 or 3 days per week, while full-time positions require a commitment of 4 days per week.
Both part time or full time roles will require one night on call a week and a 1-4 weekends on call.
What We’re Looking For
We are seeking a neurologist with ECVN or ACVIM board certification or residency trained to join our team. The candidate should have eligibility to work in the UK and must be an MRCVS or hold a veterinary degree registrable with the RCVS.
Because Our Employees Matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will benefit from -
• 6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Your birthday as a paid day off.
• £5000 relocation allowance.
• Private Medical Insurance.
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay.
• Cycle to Work scheme.
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing.
• Non-accidental injury support.
• £5000 CPD allowance with 10 days paid pro rata.
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy.
• Access to Vetlexicon - our online encyclopaedia provider,
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding.
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund.
• Infection, Prevention and Control Programme.
• Quality Improvement Programme.
• VDS cover.
• RCVS fees.
• Pawsome Benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100's of retailers.
• Pension - 5% Employee/3% Employer.
• Discounted staff pet care.
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
For a confidential chat or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Ciaran Connolly, Talent Partner, on email@example.com / 07816202808 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and label your application to Raquel Trevail, Head of Neurology department.